Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Meet the Blogger: Debbie Chinn


Meet the blogger: Debbie Chinn

Position: Managing Director

Hometown: Long Island, New York (born in Huntington; raised in Syosset)

Birthday: January 30th. Sign: Aquarius with Leo rising (spoken like a Californian)

Favorite food: Way too many to choose from. I’m an equal opportunity eater and love all types of fresh cuisines. I generally avoid chain restaurants.

Favorite drink: Red wines; some of my all time favorites are wines from the Bordeaux region (St. Emilion and Chateau Margaux), the Burgundy area (especially a Gevrey Chambertin or a Chassagne Montrachet), and my favorite California reds are from Grgich Hills, Christopher Creek, Raymond Burr, Duckhorn, Dache, and Carmody McKnight. I also always keep a chilled bottle of Veuve Clicquot around for the times when I really want to relax and decompress at home.

Pets: I have a 9-year-old Siamese cat whom I found when she was around 2. Actually, she found me. I was walking from my car to my flat in San Francisco and the cat came running over to greet me. Evidently she had been abandoned by the neighbors next door and thought I was there to feed her. I ignored her for several days thinking that someone would come back to claim her, but she was a fixture at the bottom of my stoop every night I came home. So, I took her in and dubbed her “Killer” because every so often, solicitors would knock on my door and in order to scare them off, before opening the door, I’d yell at the top of my lungs, “BACK, KILLER….DOWN, KILLER…..BACK AWAY, KILLER”. The name stuck, and the solicitors ended up leaving before I opened the door. So, it all worked out great.

No comments: